Land Use & Zoning
KOP-BID believes strongly in a comprehensive master plan for the future of King of Prussia. Working closely with Upper Merion Township, the Land Use & Zoning committee studies existing zoning regulations and land use patterns and engages consultants to help develop land use strategies and financial incentives to encourage quality future development and redevelopment.
- KOP-BID is working with Looney Ricks Kiss (LRK) of Princeton, NJ and Econsult Corporation of Philadelphia, PA to study existing zoning codes and document existing land use conditions along DeKalb Pike and First Avenue. The project will lay out a vision for the future of both of these corridors and will develop a new zoning code or overlay district that will improve the overall land use patterns in King of Prussia, encourage walkability, public transportation, mixed use zoning and lay the groundwork for a number of financial incentives to encourage redevelopment.
- Committee Chairman: Brian McElwee, Valley Forge Investment Company
- Bruce Hartlein, Liberty Property Trust
- Demar Holleran, Fairmont Athletic Club
- Dennis Maloomian, Realen Properties
- Brian Orr, Brandywine Realty Trust
- Rob Loeper, Upper Merion Township