KOP-BID conducts tax policy research and studies existing tax codes in an effort to ensure that King of Prussia has a regionally competitive tax structure. All research results and recommendations are shared with Upper Merion Township officials. The goal of the Tax Committee is to balance the need for municipal revenues with the desire to create an environment conducive to continued business and economic growth.
- Working with Philadelphia-based ECONSULT Corporation, KOP-BID is studying Upper Merion Township’s business taxes and evaluating how the Township compares other suburban Philadelphia business locations. Results of the tax studies will be used as a point of discussion to determine how future tax revisions/adjustments could affect Upper Merion Township’s revenues, employment and its competitive position (attracting new business and retaining existing business). Results of the tax studies will be released in 2013.
- Committee Chairman: Jeff DeVuono, Brandywine Realty Trust
- Fred Goebert, Redgo Development
- Carol McCoy, GSI Commerce, Inc.
- Dave McManus, Westover Properties
- Scott Sibley, UMT ECDC
- Dave Kraynik, Upper Merion Township